• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

    Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

    In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

    If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Heat sink compund

Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire UK
Heat sink compound is just to fill in any dips in the surface of the cpu/heatsink. You only need a very thin coating on top of the cpu.

I have seen it used like cement and then you get over heating.

Watch out for conductive heat sink compound, get it all over the place and it can short out the cpu/motherboard.