• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Hello

pollos1

FPCH New Member
Hi everybody need help and will give help if needed!
:)Hi! I have a Media PC with HP Model M7680N 2006 Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.One day i went on a road trip for 3 days decided to disconnect PC from Plugg in back of computer after properly turning it off.When i return turn on PC and got ERROR STOP : 0X0000007B(0XF78D663C,0XC00000034,0Xoooooooo,0X000 00000) The HP comes now with everything installed so tried using another XP 2003 to go into repair XP or press F10 to go on its internal HDD but does the same thing once it stats going into windows same error code.Is it a hardwear problem or the main Hard drive.O and also tried to repartition a 40 G HDD with the XP disc but wont let me either.Some one give me something to solve this problem dont want to lose Pics and Videos of my Daughter she passed away 3 weeks ago and my wife will kill me.

Last edited:

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi pollo;
Welcome to Free PC Help. Post your problem and we'll try to help as soon as possible. And of course your always welcome to lend us a hand.

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
I'm sorry for your loss that is quite traggic

Let's just be careful what we do here. There are numerous things that could be wrong - but as you say the important thing is getting the images and documents back.

First thing I would try is to disconnect every external device from the computer.
The only thing that should be hooked up is the MOUSE, KEYBOARD, and MONITOR - Everything else should be disconnected.

Then try to start the computer and TAP the F8 key while starting and try to get into SAFE MODE - If it will go into SAFE MODE then once in click on START - RUN and type in CMD which will start a black DOS box. While in there type this exactly including spaces
Code:
CHKDSK C: /F /V
Then let it run - DO NOT interrupt it

When it's done it should restart the computer on it's own and if it fixed it then it should start Windows normally.

If that DOES NOT work then let us know.

Do you have a Windows XP CD or access to another computer where you can download stuff from the Internet and burn a CD?

These articles may help as well, but just be careful we don't want to lose any data.

Advanced troubleshooting for "Stop 0x0000007B" errors in Windows XP

You receive a Stop 0x0000007B error after you move the Windows XP system disk to another computer

pollos1

FPCH New Member
No GO!

It wont let me try anything. Safe mode,Last good config, nothing.Think it was the power serg.

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
Okay - well then I would recommend taking the hard drive out and putting it into another computer as a slave / secondary drive (one that you know is not infected with any virus or malware) and then try to copy your data off of that drive onto another drive.

DO NOT run CHKDSK on the drive in the other computer unless you can not get the data to copy. If that's the case then you have to decide how important the data is. Running CHKDSK on a drive that is in real bad shape can cause you to lose data that a forensic shop could maybe recover. Data recovery in a clean room though is expensive. In the range of $500 to $1,500 dollars here in the USA.