• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

help , can't update after reinstall

tronbrown

FPCH New Member
hi , i recently wiped my laptop [GenuineIntel, pentium processor] and reinstalled 98se . everything seemed to go great, i got back online to windows update and was given a error when it tried to scan my computer, so i went and found my add/remove programs to be empty. if anyone has any ideas i sure could use the help.
THANKS!

inspector

FPCH New Member
Hi i`m new here but could you please help, im running windows xp home edition, i can play music through my computer but when i try and watch a dvd the sound is ah ah heh he arar in bits and bats so you cant tell what theyre saying properly also the film freezes at the same time.... what could this be or are the speakers broken, ive done a speaker test through the computer an it saying everything is fine help please...chris.

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Does this happen to any DVD or just one? Could be only the DVD. If it is a copied DVD it could just be a fualty DVD. As you can play music fine i doubt it is the speakers. What player are you using?

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
regarding the windows 98 updates,what is the exact error you are getting...you should still be able to download all your windows 98 updates,up until the date microsoft ceased support for it........i cant remember when that was now but it should say on there site...a silly question have you checked to make sure your date and time are accurate

as to the dvd question what software are you playing it through and have you installed any codecs,and *** maynardvdm said is it a copied dvd.....