• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

help me! i'm dumb!

sam1983fish

FPCH New Member
recently a technician replaced my power supply and motherboard and also put a graphics card into my pc, since then i've had no sound and my pc keeps restarting itself and things keep 'needing to close'? he said i need to download drivers but i'm lost as to where i would get these drivers from. I've looked on other threads and people think that maybe it is an over-heating problem as to why it keeps restarting itself but i'm pretty sure thats not it, the fan etc seems to work just fine.I'm a bit of a PC dumby so if anyone could help toany o my problems i would be very very greateful.
thanks

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi Sam

Welcome to Free PC Help

No1. What kind of technician does all that and dont test the system before giving it back to you.

On the restarting, could be a faulty power supply or over-heating. Where does it restart, in windows or when booting, and does it restart randomly meaning not always after the same lenght of time?

We need to know what motherboard it is and what sound card (if not onboard) and graphics card you have?