• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Help Me Please!!

jeff132413

FPCH Member
Okay, sometimes, not all the time, my screen will show random colored horizontal lines. Sometimes they just sit there, and sometimes they just flash across the screen. There are also some vertical lines sometimes. It can happen at anytime even during the booting up. I need help with this. I described my problem to one guy and he said it might be a memory problem and I was kind of shocked to hear that because I would think it is the video card, but I really don't want to have to replace the video card. This video card has given me no problems in the past and it is quite good. I already know it isn't the monitor because I have tried multiple monitors. Please help me!

jeff132413

FPCH Member
I looked inside and the fan is working. What kind of video card replacement do you suggest for my old ati radeon 9800 pro?

I go for stability and low cost not performance. I allways use nvidia cos I like them and they work well with linux.

You may want to look in the computer press for advice on buying a new card.

Dave