• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Help Monitor Adapter

todstuartfl

FPCH New Member
i was trying to upgrade my driver for my LG monitor. i by mistake disconnected my monitor adapter and rebooted so now it boots up and then disconnects my monitor card and i have a black screen

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
boot into safe mode by tapping f8 at startup,then remove the driver,and reboot.(remove it via device mannager).
or boot into safe mode then do a system restore..
your lg monitor does NOT reqiure drivers your graphics card on the other hand does.
what graphics card do you have....in device manager also.
i will post you a link to the latest driver,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
regards
danzil

todstuartfl

FPCH New Member
when i do f8 safe mode what comes on my monitor is a bunch of "multi(0)disk(0)partition(0) down the screen and then nothing. all that stays on the screen & i can not do anything

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
also try vga mode,this will change the reolution and may possible allow you into xp to do a restore.or try last known good configuraion that also may work....
regards
danzil.