• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Help...sound problem

joewhant

FPCH New Member
hi
i just reinstalled windows on my advent 3411 computer but the sound refuses to work. i looked on device manager and it said unknown audio controller. no cd came with the computer so i have no idea what to do..

cheers

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
You will need to install the driver for your sound card, if you know what make it is you can try and download the drivers from the manufacturer website.

maynardvdm said:
You will need to install the driver for your sound card, if you know what make it is you can try and download the drivers from the manufacturer website.
And if you don't know the brand, search for Everest Home Edition - will profile your hardware and if possible identify the sound card.

Andy