• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Help with Audio/video sender from pc to tv!

imcclellan

FPCH New Member
I am trying to send the pictures from my PC to a tv in another room. I have bought a Technika AV sender which works from the tv downstaires to the one upstairs. But I can't seem to send my PC picture. Would I need to change any of the settings in my pc? I'm on windows XP and have Multi media centre installed?

Any help would be much appreciated.

What are you trying to send ? VGA ? Compisite ?

Does your pc have tv-out ? Does it work without the sender ?

More info needed !

dave

PS.Not sure networking / security is the best place for this thread.

imcclellan

FPCH New Member
Hi, the pc works fine without the sender and no problems with it plugged in (no signal is picked up by the receiver). I can find a TV in but not out. I now watch footy online but its not very comfortable sat at my pc so I was hoping to beam it somewhere more comfortable. I haven't the room to move in a sofa! This is the first time I've used one of these sites for help which explains why I have probably put it in the wrong section!

I'm guessing from your response then I really need a TV out to make this happen?

imcclellan

FPCH New Member
hardware Dave, it looks like I have everything I need apart from the right cable to connect the transmitter to the pc. I'm sure it should be straight forward to pick up. The instructions on the link are perfect. Really appreciate your help