• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Help with driver update

Nick180

FPCH New Member
Hi everyone, i need a patch or update for my pc, i have a accounts programme called Do$h cashbook. it works fine on my pc which operates of windows xp, but now i have a new pc it dosent work on vista??

The program installed ok but it has the error data accsess 115 and 105 come up every time i try to use it??

Can anyone help me i really need this piece of software to work on my new pc.

Thanks

Nick

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
hi nick180
have you tried running htis programme incompatibility mode,and as administrator.
have you checked the manufacturers website for any updates/ patches as yet.
regards danzil

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
i would still try compatibility mode!!!!!.
i have many programmes that are said "will not run in vista" that run perfectly fine in compatibilty mode for xp and 98/me
i too have seen that site but who know its worth a try, i am not saying it will work for you though, i also have programmes that needed either upgrading or patching to run in vista.
just my opnion.
regards
danzil

Danzil thats great info im going to try that when i reinstall VISTA Ultimate for Dx10 games (never thought to try it last time i used it)

ive "tested" VISTA just to see wot it was about and i actually like it but its sooo buggy at the moment when is service pack 1 out?

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
i believe sp1 for vista is out in november december time,but ya know microsoft probably get pulled back to fix yet more bugs..
techadvance i have been watching your post and like them.....i look forward to helping you,and more so helping the people on these forums,if i can help you post to me.
and oh yeh nice forum, website my friend
regards
danzil

Nick180

FPCH New Member
It worked i just right clicked the icon clicked on the properties and compatability clicked xp and run as administrator!!

Wicked thanks

Nick