• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Help with my CD/DVD RW please

Ku62

FPCH New Member
system emachines E4212
Windows vista

Hi any ideas please my pc is only a couple of weeks old and cd/dvd drive has been playing up. Firstly the cd's needed to be ejected thenre inserted before the pc recognised them now it is not recognising them at all and when I try to open them from the drive it is ejecting the disc and saying please insert a disc.

This is only happening with CD's and games it is playing DVD's okay

Any ideas before I take it back to where i bought it??

csnsjmax

FPCH New Member
Hi, I need help with my dvd-rom drive, nothing seems to work, its as if I don't have the drive at all