• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Help with storage

Campbell

PC Experience
Some Experience
I have a new Dell optiplex 3060 with 250Gb SSD & 500GB HDD, the machine came with this. My question is as my total storage required is about 150GB should I use the SSD to store everything or use it for windows 10 OS and put everything else on the hard drive. If I put everything on the SSD would it slow the PC

Rustys

PC Experience
Very Experienced
Put everything on the 500 GB plus to an external HDD that way if something happens to the internal storage then you have a back up.

Ned Seagoon

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Yes make a backup to an external drive.

Use the SSD for your operating system and programs you use frequently, use the internal HDD for storage of photographs, videos and documents.

However you do not appear to have a lot of saved data and if there is room, there is no problem storing this on your SSD, it will not slow down your computer.

Top Bottom