• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

help

murdybhoy

FPCH New Member
i use windows xp, and my pc is a fujitsu siemens scaleo pc

what is happening with my comp, it wont play games or movies through media player dvds or films downloaded, it cuts out and the computer makes a wierd noice, i thought i could fix it by buying a new graphics card so i got a sapphire x1950 pro 512 mb but the problem still occurs

any help would be greatly appriciated thanks

W

Wolfeymole

Hello murdybhoy

Welcome to Free PC Help

What version of Media Player have you got and just where abouts does the "weird noise" seem to be coming from?

murdybhoy

FPCH New Member
hello m8 thanks for the welcome yeahj its windows media player 11 and its not just media player that it crashes with it does it with divx and vlc

the sound comes from inside the pc to me it sounds like the fan going really fast

murdybhoy

FPCH New Member
i actully cleaned the inside of the comp thinking that the fan may not be going right and had to close down but still no joy