• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

HI SPEED USB host controller

ylind

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Professional
could anyone please tell me where I can get a "HI SPEED USB host controller"

My children have introduced this OLD F--T to the new USB technology and the 2 GB stick that they gave me requires a HI SPEED USB host controller which my computer does not have.

I am Running XP operating system

T.I.A.

pc tech

FPCH Member
Hi jaybee

you need to check the devicemanager under usb for enhanced usb host controller if you do not have this you do not have a usb2 motherboard in the pc

pc tech

FPCH Member
HI ylind
you will need to purchase a pci card with usb2 ports on it and install the drivers to get usb2 if your'e board does not have this
it slots in one of the white slots inside the pc