• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

How do I open my packard bell IMED2410's case?

claire!

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Beginner
Operating System
...I need to install a firewire card and I've tried to remove the case but I just can't seem to figure out how to do it! Is there an easy way to do this? I'm assuming that there is a sliding panel or some other Harry Potter Hogwarts type of action needed. All advice appreciated! :D I've tried googling around and I've asked a few people, but I got nothing yet...

I'll add a few pics maybe that will help...

DSC00048.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

DSC00045.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

DSC00046.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thanks a bunch!! :D

W

Wolfeymole

Hi Claire

Welcome to Free PC Help

Ok in the 0045 image lay it down on it's side so the power socket is uppermost.
Place your fingers on the side panel and your thumbs on the back panel and slide the panel back towards yourself.
It will be tight so you may have to apply some pressure to do so.
Make sure the black locking switch is in the open position.

claire!

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Beginner
Operating System
Thanks!!

I did it! Now that I know how simple it is, I feel slightly retarded for not working it out myself :D

Thanks for the help!!!