• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

How Much Power Supply i need?

goian123

FPCH Member
Hi everyone im building my own pc for gaming and the part im struggling with is the power supply cuz im not sure on how much power i need, obviously i want enough but i also want a bit spare for upgrades in the future such as another graphics card etc. my spec is

motherboard:
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 Intel Z77 Socket 1155 Motherboard

Processor : Intel i5 3570

Processor Cooler:
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo

RAM: 16gb

Graphics Card :
XFX 7950 3GB Black DD Edition

SSD: Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic

HHD :Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

Case: Xigmatek Alfar Midi Tower Windowed Case
the case has a few fans on also.
btw is this set up good enough to play the latest games on high?
thanks for any help :eek:

Vr5fx

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi. Welcome to the forum.

A 750watt PSU will be ideal for your current build and an additional 7950 if wanted.

For a reasonable 750w PSU your looking at £60+ minimum.

-Vr

Top Bottom