• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

How to Full Format My Pc

hariharry999

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Professional
Dear Team,

Am using windows xp sp2 , I think my system is got rootly infected by viruses.
I want to full format my Hard disk, Is it possible through win 98 if how plz explain.
And also is there any software to fully format hard disk.

Thanking you,

Match

Free PC Help Tech Member
Am using windows xp sp2
Is it possible through win 98
:crazy:

Formatting works the same and has the same effect for all versions of windows so why specifically do you want to use Win 98 if you have an XP System Disk

Also I don't think that Win 98 can support the NTFS file system and will only format the Drive to a FAT System which will only support files upto 4 Gig

but if I remember right, you will need a win98 system disk, easily made if you have a system running win98 and a 3.5" Floppy drive

then insert the system disk and at the command prompt enter format c:\

If by Full format you are referring to a method of formatting that writes '0's to the drive theoretically returning it to the state it was in when it left the factory you will find a tool on the drives manufacturer's website that you can download and use.