• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

how to reboot

westywesty8

FPCH New Member
please i need help.when i turn on my laptop i get a black screen with the sentence,windows could not start because of an error in the software.please report this problem as,load needed dlls for kerneli think i need to reboot but i just keep geeting this message,please help

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Welcome to Free PC Help Westy.

Try this first:

As soon as you power up the laptop, start pressing the F8 key and that will bring you to a boot menu. Use the arrow keys to choose Last Known Good Configuration and hit enter.

If that doesn't work, please post back with the make and model of the laptop, as well as if you have an XP and or Recovery Cd's.

Good Luck

westywesty8

FPCH New Member
i have tried the f8 button but all it does is go back to the same message.model and make advent 7110,eaa-88i dont have a disc as you reboot from the comp

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Westy.

I've deleted the duplicate thread you started.

At this point, you will need to run a "repair" installation of XP. I ***ume when you say that "the reboot is from the computer", means that when you start the computer you see a message similar to "Press ?? for System recovery"?

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
I've found the information you require. You need to run the Non-Destructive Recovery:

Using the HDD Recovery System

Your Advent computer uses the latest recovery system that doesn't require any CDs or DVDs to restore your PC to it's original factory condition.

* There are two ways to start the recovery -
o Restart your computer. Then Press F10 repeatedly until the message "Starting System Recovery" is displayed.
o In Windows by clicking: Start / All Programs / System Recovery / System Recovery.
* The recovery will load and display a box with one option:
o Non-destructive recovery: this option will restore Windows, supplied applications, and drivers. This option will not destroy your documents or programs. These will be backed up along with the registry. These are restored at the end of the recovery process.
To access the recovery options below that erase all data from the computer, click the Advanced button.
o System Recovery - No format: this will reinstall Windows, supplied applications and drivers. It will move your files to a folder called "My old disk structure". Any applications (except those supplied) will need to be reinstalled.
o System Recovery - Quick format: this option will erase your hard drive including your personal files. Windows, supplied applications and drivers will be reinstalled.
* Select the Non-destructive recovery option and press Next.
* You will be informed about System Restore in Windows, click Yes.
* The recovery will begin. Once this is complete click Restart.