• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

I cant downlaod images when on the www

DavyC

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Beginner
I cant get images whilst on the net. Even the information/instruction buttons wont display the images. All I get is a white box with a little square in the top corner. My pc did this a while back but it appeared to correct itself. This is becoming frustratiung, anybody know how to rectify this?

help4me

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi and welcome to Free PC Help :)

What browser are you using? Internet Explorer? FireFox? Or another?

More than likely it's just a feature under the browser's settings that needs to be changed, which I can walk you through that. The steps are just a bit different depending on which browser you are using to access the internet.

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
It sounds like you have a check mark on "Show image download placeholders" in Internet Explorer.

If this is the cause start IE and go to TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, Advanced tab, and scroll down half way and look under MULTIMEDIA for this option and if there is a check mark there remove it.

If that is not the cause then your system may be infected by Malware and may need to be cleaned up.

Please give the IE fix a try and let us know.

Cheers.

DavyC

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Beginner
followed your advice and it appears to have sorted out the problem. Many thenx for your help as I am not a technician and often get myself into scrapes...usually silly things but can be mega to me...so thanx again.

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
This thread appears to be solved and is now closed

If you are the original poster of this thread and need it re-opened, then please PM (Private Message) an Administrator or Moderator