• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

I made a complete mess

ljc19790

FPCH New Member
Hi
I started by installing Panda internet security and this was shortly going to run out so i tried to uninstall it. I got norton instead. Thinking that I had completely got rid of Panda i installed norton. This slowed my computer down so i realised that i hadn't got rid of Panda completely so i tried to uninstall norton. Whilst i were doing this i had a power cut. So all in all now i've got two internet secuirties partly installed, i can't uninstall either because their both missing certain files and i can't re-install any secuirty because it just wont let me till i've got rid of them.
I've tried to do a system restore but it won't let me do this.
Any ideas
Cheers

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Welcome to Free PC Help ljc.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Norton_Removal_Tool_SymNRT_d4749.html

After that, try to reinstall Panda and see if it will uninstall. If not, try this removal tool which is meant for Panda 2005, but should work for your version:

http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/support/card?id=21203&idIdioma=2&pagina=1

If it doesn't work, we can show how to disable Panda running it's programs and services via Microsoft's Configuration Utility.

BTW- Do you think your system is infected?

ljc19790

FPCH New Member
Right i've tried both these links and nothing is working for either. Its saying that the pages are not found. Any more advice plz?

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
ljc19790 said:
Right i've tried both these links and nothing is working for either. Its saying that the pages are not found. Any more advice plz?
The links are fine.

Either your internet security settings are too high, or your browser has been damaged by malware.

If you use IE 6, then reduce the security settings to the default and also restore the advanced settings.

For IE 7, go Tools>Internet Options>Advanced, and "Reset Internet Explorer Settings".

If that doesn't work, download and install Firefox on it:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Are you able to get to ANY sites?

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
If you are still not able to delete the programs and if you are able to get to any Internet sites, search for JV16 Power Tools. Download it - it's a 30-day trial, and use the utility to remove the programs in question. Don't use the other tools unless you're familiar with them and the possible unexpected results.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
I'll mention this as well:

Both Panda and Norton have mediocre detection and removal abilities, and both will cause significant performance degradation.

Let's get your issues sorted out, and then we can talk about better internet security.

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Seth said:
I'll mention this as well:

Both Panda and Norton have mediocre detection and removal abilities, and both will cause significant performance degradation.

Let's get your issues sorted out, and then we can talk about better internet security.
I agree with Seth i dont like norton either, he will suggest a better internet security system.