• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

I need help buying a new pc! :(

pvj2000

FPCH New Member
I have had my Dell dimention 4300 for 6 years now and its finally on its last legs, i have around £500 (can go a bit over if worth it) and i want to get a new pc. Prob anything new would be better that this old thing but i do need at least a graphics card that has a video out port so i can continue watching stuff on my t.v.

My old pc has 80gb HD; intel p4 1.8gig, nivida Geforce 2 mx/mx400 card and a sound blaster (i cannot remember) audio card (i think).

i would like a intel duo processor and 2 drives i dvd writing and 1 cd writing.

So what can i get? (coz i cannot make sense of the dell website)

Thank You

Pvj

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System

pvj2000

FPCH New Member
Do those cards have a tv out port when i search for pics or specs the sites dont say. Also are ATI cards good or nivida better.

Also i dont know were to start building my own.

Thanks for the help

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
i do prefer nvidia for sure but its your prefernce..most cards have dvi,which can be run to your tv.
but the yes the have tv out.
i asked about home build just incase you had the knowledge and wanted to buy cheaper and built your own...i say cheaper but it wouldnt be a lot less then the dell pc's
regards
danzil