• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

I think its my net.

ammar11111

FPCH New Member
Hey...

My net , warcraft , msn etc all stuff i need for my net work.. but the thing is ventrilo and teamspeak dont work =S ...

Before teamspeak used to work and ventrilo didnt.. now both dont

I had done something with my firewall I think I had blocked ventrilo from connecting and it connected but when I dced it, it dint connect.. I had turned it on off etc but it still doesnt connect.

This is what comes for ventrilo

MSG: server available please connect.. i do connect and nothing happens.. just keeps tying to connect.

Tried to reset my modem etc etc nthn happened. I have a linkysys modem wireless modem[gives net to 3 other computers] I have tried switching off all the comps still vent and ts dont work.. i have tried ts and vent on all the comps but still it doesnt work =S ...

I have done system restore but no affect.

If I try to format the whole computer? [ how do i do this?] on vista.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi ammar;
This appears to be a networking issue but I'm not sure as this is not my field. Please check back for other input.

If you do insist on reinstalling Vista post back with more info. Do you have a retail copy of Vista? Do you have the recovery CD's?

If not post the exact make and model of your computer so we can determine your recovery options.

By the way welcome to Free PC Help

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
I'd like to help, but I don't understand the problem.

Are you not able to get online at all, or just some sites won't open?

What firewall are you using?

ammar11111

FPCH New Member
Yea all my internet stuff are fine like internet expolorer, sn etc all work ok. But ventrilo and teamspeak dont connect for some reason. I have retail version of vista. Yea I think I have the recovery cds. I use windows firewall and have avg atm.

My computer is dell XPS m1330 laptop

So basically I think my problem is that how come my teamspeak and ventrilo dont work but everything else works fine >.> ...... maybe router or firewall or sumting?

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Disable AVG and the firewall, then try those programs again. Don't forget to enable them following the test.

If that doesn't find the culprit (it should though), uninstall and reinstall one of them, then see if it connects.

AVG doesn't make anything call "atm". Do you mean AVG Antivirus or AVG Internet Security which includes a firewall?

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Wolfey just informed me you meant "At the moment":)

ammar11111

FPCH New Member
haha =) anyways I use avg anti virus free version. But I think the problems with ny net rather than my softwares. Also dont think this is the right place for this question. Though ty for your help

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Since you are able to access web pages, the chances of this being a problem with your Internet Service Provider would be extremely rare. Even more so given the other information you provided.