• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

ie 7 wont display web pages

dio

FPCH New Member
My issue is my internet wont display web pages after only 10 mins or so, I have to restart my PC everytime to repair the issue, If its any help when I run a diagnostic it tells me I have an issue with my WinSock Catelog. I have a diagnostic but hell if I can understand it so please can someone help me please, thanks.....

Last diagnostic run time: 09/03/07 22:54:05 WinSock Diagnostic
WinSock status

info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog.
info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid.
error Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] could not perform simple loopback communication. Error 10055.
info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] passed the loopback communication test.
info Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider passed the loopback communication test.
error Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider could not perform simple loopback communication. Error 10055.
error A connectivity problem exists with an installed LSP.
action Automated repair: Reset WinSock catalog
action Successfully executed: netsh winsock reset catalog
info System restart required
info System restart required

Network Adapter Diagnostic
Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Macronix MX98715-Based Ethernet Adapter (Generic), MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
info Ethernet connection selected
Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Connected

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn FTP (Passive): Error 12029 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn FTP (Active): Error 12029 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.passport.net: A connection with the server could not be established
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
error Could not make an FTP connection.

Jamey

FPCH Member
It sounds like your firewall is blocking your access. Have you got both the Windows firewall and a third-party application running? If so, disable one of them and it should sort the problem out.

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
can you try pinging a web page..
goto start > run type in (without qoutes) "cmd" then click ok.
in the dos like box type in "ping www.bbc.co.uk"
you should see a reply x 4
please post back your findings
regards
danzil