• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Incoming mail

johnmayne

FPCH New Member
The message below keeps appearing whenever I open Outlook Express and my incoming mail has stopped, any ideas please.

John.:confused:

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Name - BT Yahoo! Mail', Server: 'Pop.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005

EDIT:
I have removed the name on the BT Yahoo client for security reasons.

Free PC Help Admin

johnmayne

FPCH New Member
Incoming Mail.

Hi Wolfey,

It's gone from bad to worse, I followed the instructions on this site and changed the Inbox.dbx file and entered Inbox.old as requested and all my existing mail in my inbox disappeared. Am I able to retrieve it?

Cheers

John.

W

Wolfeymole

Well I very much doubt it John, you could try renaming it back to Inbox.dbx and see if you can retrieve them.
Why did you not transfer all inbox mails to another folder before doing so?

Try this and get back to us John.