• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Instaling XP on Asus Eee 4GB

colinm345

FPCH Member
Hi
I have just ordered a new phone with a free gift of an Asus Eee 4GB,however the OS is in Linx and I want to instal XP Pro on it via either a 1GB or a 4GB Flash Drive ,any help would be appreciated:)

W

Wolfeymole

If the bios will allow you to boot from an external cdrom Colin then you should be ok but 4GB is not a lot to play with mate as you'll only be left with 2.5GB if installing XP.

colinm345

FPCH Member
If the bios will allow you to boot from an external cdrom Colin then you should be ok but 4GB is not a lot to play with mate as you'll only be left with 2.5GB if installing XP.
Thanks so much I believe it does,however I have rang ASUS Support today and they tell me it comes with a dvd instuction manual and all the XP Drivers

Regarding your comment of not enough space,you are so right:)

However as I only want it to take to clients to sort their XP Problems out and help them to connect to the internet etc it will be great because its nice and light and small:)

colinm345

FPCH Member
Silly me I forgot XP can be loaded via USB stick,but seems a little complicated adding to that some dealers on ebay are now selling a 20gb version for some £320:)

W

Wolfeymole

If you can install XP to a USB stick then your a better man than me Colin.

I don't fully understand your intentions on this issue mate please elaborate.

colinm345

FPCH Member
If you can install XP to a USB stick then your a better man than me Colin.

I don't fully understand your intentions on this issue mate please elaborate.
Lol I am not saying I can,in fact I think I will stand more chance of understanding the plans for a nuclear submarine:D

However my intentions are as per my second from last post:)

W

Wolfeymole

If you want to use the Asus with just XP on it via installation from say an external cdrom then fine Colin.

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
My Wife wants one of these little units, but I'm waiting for now as Microsoft says they will allow the now soon to be defunct Windows XP to be used on such devices and will offer it to certified vendors for a very cheap price.

Maybe when I can get one with Windows XP on it then I'll look at getting her one.