• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Installing New DVD Drive

jodym1uk

FPCH New Member
I have a Packard Bell, Spirit 350.
It has Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 2002 with Service Pack 2.
Cpu Manufacturer: Genuine Intel, CPU Family, Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.93GHz Model4 Stepping1
CPU Speed 2940MHz.
I have Symantec Anti Virus.
My problem is this: I recently purchased a WRITEMASTER TS-H552 DVD + / - REWRITER on ebay as my tower does not have a DVD drive only a CD drive.
This DVD drive did not come with instructions but I was able to print some off from Easy PC. The thing is I am completely computer illiterate although I hame managed to put in the dvd drive. I have attached the IDE cable and the power cable and have the cd drive as the master and dvd drive as the slave. I am able to watch my dvd but am unable to play a DVD rom that was bought for my son for xmas. Is it that I haven't installed the drive correctly or something else. Please Help!!!!!!! Thanks Jody x x :p

pc tech

FPCH Member
Hi jodym1uk

appreciate what your saying but need more information to your error can you browse the files ?
what error messages are you getting ?

i may be able to help you with this informtion

Regards

Pc Tech

jodym1uk

FPCH New Member
Thanks for your responce but I have since descovered that my son had eceived a PC/MAC which is not compatible with my PC so have sold it on ebay for quite a reasonable amout of money. Thanks anyway. Jody x x

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
This thread appears to be solved and is now closed

If you are the original poster of this thread and need it re-opened, then please PM (Private Message) an Administrator or Moderator