• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

installing xp missing .dll files

will.j.savage

FPCH New Member
Hello folks,

I'm trying to reinstall windows xp. However whilst windows is copying the files to my hard drive in order to begin setup i keep getting a missing .dll file warning. It also says your xp disk may be damaged. I have tried two versions of xp and get the same message so it cant be the CD?. I'm missing quite a few .dll files but some are listed here.....sprb0404.dll sprb0405.dll etc.

I get the option to skip the missing .dll files but then windows doesnt work.

Any ideas?