• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

internet connection keeps cutting off

juliex

FPCH New Member
Hi, can anyone help.am not very good with computers.i keep losing my internet connection. Then have to switch everything off and start again. have phoned internet supplier many times, but its nothing to do with them, My pc is clean, Have windows xp and have never had a problem until the last few daysAs i said am not to good with stuff. took me ten minutes to work out how to post this message. be gratefull for any ideas.

lodzinski

FPCH Member
if you are on AOL, then its possibly a case of AOL being rubbish, either buy your own router, which will help, or change ISPs. AOL has this problem where every so often it forgets your existence. re-installing aol (after completely purging the system of it before) as well as cleaning all connections will help, an installing new locations is a quick fix, though it doesnt always work/last.