• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Internet Connection Lose (Vista)

Hello, everytime I close my laptop (as in shut the monitor:hibernate) when I go back to it and bring it out of hibernation I lose connection to my internet. It does not pick up my wireless router until I've restarted it? Apparently it is a problem with Vista and their new service pack will solve this but this was more like rumour than absolute!

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
yes ther eis an issue with vista and connection after hibernation/standby.
the only resolution is to refresh your wireless network list and then click connect.
this should be resolved in there soon to be released service pack...i believe november the 15th was the day,but cant say for sure.
this doesnt effect all vista installs though just a few.
out of interest what laptop do you have and what wireess card do you have.
regards
danzil