• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Internet connection loss

youngy

FPCH New Member
I lose my connection after 30 mins or so. Pull my modem cable out from the back of the laptop...re connect the cable and to the net....and again it lasts so long. Maybe dodgy usb ports? Very frustrating!

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi youngy ;

Possibly an intermittently failing modem. I've seen it before.
Possibly a problem with your Provider. Check with them.

But since you state your modem is hooked up via USB ports you might want to try one one or two other things.

If you have more then one USB port try connecting your modem to one or more of the other hubs.

Whether or not that works you could also try going into the Device Manager and removing the USB Root Hubs.

Restart your computer and it should reinstall them on bootup. This often times works.

It's worth a try and can't hurt;
RandyL