• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

internet connection

pressgang

FPCH New Member
I am able to use Skype on line with my broadband connection (so it is obviously working) but I do not understand why I cannot make Internet Explorer receive any pages or get any pop mail. Do anybody have any ideas? Barry

Jamey

FPCH Member
It sounds like your Internet Explorer has become corrupt. One way of repairing it is to go into your Control Panel, click on Add/Remove Programs and then see if you can find Internet Explorer in that list. If so, click Change/Modify and then there should be an option to repair.

To be honest, Internet Explorer is prone to insecurities, is buggy and doesn't fully support web standards. You're much better off with a modern web browser like Mozilla Firefox.