• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Internet Gaming Problems..

MC3692

FPCH New Member
I play a lot of internet games.. and usually my ping is fine..
but when another pc in my house uses the internet(msn,webcams etc)
my ping goes up and down from around 50 to 100+ all the time..
it makes it impossible to play..
i was told this isnt normal..
does anyone have any suggestions?

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
monitor what the other pc is doing,,has the other pc been scanned for viruse etc
www,trendmicro.com and mailware www.ewido.com.
monitor network via task manager and let us know what the outcome is.also i would scan your pc too.
how long has this been going on for, what has changed since
regards
danzil

MC3692

FPCH New Member
ty for your reply..
yes the other PC is virus free..
and it only really uses msn..
its been going since we got the internet really..
nothings changed...

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
tell me about your setup ie router etc,how you share internet.
sound obviously like the other pc is using your bandwith,,what mb is your internet speed
regards
danzil