• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

• Due to the complexity and risks involved our formally trained malware staff will be the only ones allowed to help with malware removal advice. Thank you.

ipconfig.exe processes keeps appearing?

starfox

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi all,

I have quite alot of exprience with a pc but this is bugging me alot. for the past week or so. my pc has been running really slow. so i ran some test scans. using spybot search and distroy, malware bytes, and AVG and several other scans to find the probelm. then i noticed in the task manager in process's tab. ipconfig.exe which i know to be relating to the list of my ip. keeps popping up every second or so then dissappears, my cpu usage jumps from 2% to 55% soemtimes 100%. and that lead me to believe theres a probelm with a worm of some sort trying to use that program even though am not using it. how do i solve this probelm i have tried many sites but this is weird.. i tried to ask everyone who knows they are baffled as well? does any of you know the answer as i cant play any games they take ages to load and freeze up on me. so does many programs as well because the cpu usage is high.

many thanks

helen

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi

Please do the following so that our Malware expert can look at your log:

Please download the latest version of HijackThis from Trend Micro and save it to your desktop.

• Download HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install HijackThis.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in Notepad. Include this log in your next reply.

Notes:
Do not use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Do not have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless, or required for your computer to run like it should.

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
hi
do as suggested by RandyL run all the relevant tools he posted,(updated of course).

you may want to check in "msconfig" just in case it is set to run at startup.
that will give us more idea what you are infected with.
check in the service's tabs (hide MS services first) and in startup..
if there is anything there that you do not know, please post the name here and its location.
regards
danzil

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced

Lucifal

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Hi all,

I have quite alot of exprience with a pc but this is bugging me alot. for the past week or so. my pc has been running really slow. so i ran some test scans. using spybot search and distroy, malware bytes, and AVG and several other scans to find the probelm. then i noticed in the task manager in process's tab. ipconfig.exe which i know to be relating to the list of my ip. keeps popping up every second or so then dissappears, my cpu usage jumps from 2% to 55% soemtimes 100%. and that lead me to believe theres a probelm with a worm of some sort trying to use that program even though am not using it. how do i solve this probelm i have tried many sites but this is weird.. i tried to ask everyone who knows they are baffled as well? does any of you know the answer as i cant play any games they take ages to load and freeze up on me. so does many programs as well because the cpu usage is high.

many thanks

helen
I'm having the same trouble - I've noticed it since I upgraded Thunderbird - just a thought.

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
I've noticed it since I upgraded Thunderbird - just a thought.
Might be worth checking to see how often Thunderbird is checking for your mail:

Tools -> Account Settings -> <account name> -> Server Settings, "Check
for new messages every ___ minutes."

If it's checking too often, you may experience these problems.

Top Bottom