• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Is it Ram or My GPU?

ghOst.Ron

FPCH New Member
During gaming my pc is freeezing for about 20 seconds I have no picture. The message below is a copy of the Vista problems report which finds a solution but the solution is too download the latest Nvidia Drivers which I have done so but I still get this message.
I'm not to clever with pc's so is there anyone out there that can shed some light on what the message is telling me and how I go about stopping it!???

My pc spec is
Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz
ASUS P5N-E Mothrboard
512Mb Nvidia 8600GTS
2x1Gb strips of OCZ 'Gold Edition' High speed gaming RAM 800MHz
320Gb HD

A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Files that help describe the problem
WD-20080128-0108.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: 86E61008
BCP2: 8B8BF9A0
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1