• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Is it safe to delete the hundreds of 'downloads' on my PC?

PEV

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi all
I run Windows 8.1
I have over a hundred items in my downloads folder. They seem to be relating to emails I have received and opened going back months/years
The items seem to be redundant so should I delete them to save space and if so how do I delete them en mass instead of one at a time?
Thanks
Ray

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi Ray,

Anything in Download folder is safe to delete.

how do I delete them en mass instead of one at a time?
How I do this, is to highlight the first entry and hold the shift key down... now click on the last item.
They should all be highlighted now. (release the shift key once they are all highlighted)
Now right click on them and select delete.
This should delete all of the select items at the same time.

PEV

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Thanks for your quick response Pete.
I noticed in the downloads I intend to delete that there is an important template document which also appears in my documents which is where I use it from
Before I delete the downloads can I be assured that the said document will not also deleted from my documents as well as from downloads?
Ray

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi Ray,

Removing it from the Download folder shouldn't have any effect on your Document folder.
The Download folder is only a storage area for the program before it's installed.
If you delete if from the Download folder it'll be moved to the recycle bin ..... you can always move it back if necessary.

PEV

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Thanks for this reassurance Pete.
Ray

Top Bottom