• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

isp address keeps disappearing broadband help

suecfc

FPCH New Member
hi
im with ntl and in the past week my broadband wouldnt connect , the isp address had disappeared and had to be reset this has happened twice
then yesterday in the control panel there was no ntl connection so i had to uninstall the usb cable and reinstall (there was a yellow exclamation mark in device manager)
ntl says there must be some conflict with ur pc, this is the first time this has ever happened and now they say to use a enet cable?
does anyone have any ideas how i can find out whats causing this,ive been with ntl for a few years and never happened b4 nothing new has been installed
i use windows xp
thanks in advance

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
download ewido update it and do a complete scan....www.ewido.com also do a virus scan www.trendmicro.com
may be a virus or some other ware....
if you use the ethernet cable you will remove the need to dial up your isp (if you do) and the speed will be slightly faster (negiotable).you will then be able to configure ip address etc,and is far more easier to manage then a usb connection...run all those scans first it may find and sort your problem
regards
danzil