• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 - 97.96 MB

StukDuk

FPCH New Member
Hi Good People, I have the following updates for the above:

J2SE 5.0 - update 10 - size 120.00 MB
" 2 - " 117.00 MB
" 6 - " 119.00 MB

+ Java (TM) SE Runtime Environment 6.0 - size 134.00 MB

Can you advise which I should delete from the programs list? Does version 6 cancel the 5.0 updates?
Many thanks indeed if you can help. StukDuk

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
The Java SE Development Kit (JDK) includes the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and command-line development tools that are useful for developing applets.

I would remove ALL versions of Java on your system since you don't appear to be a developer and then reboot the computer and visit this link for a download of the Java you would want as an end user.

Get Sun Java

Click on ADVANCED when doing the install and UNCHECK the Open Office (unless you do want it but most probably will not want it)