• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

judder on scrolling down

frostini

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Beginner
hi ive been away for week and when i started my pc which is xp home edition when i scoll downit moves in slow motion any ideas.frostini:)

Dalo Harkin

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
If its stuttering then you are using the windows default GPU driver.
Install a more upto date one from your GPU maker:-
NVIDIA or ATI are the add in card type, if its onboard video then go to your MOBO manufacturers website

Dalo Harkin

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
Jelly Bean wanted to know the make and model of the PC eg
Toshiba M300 or Dell *** (with this info we can find out whats in the machine)

It will only be the GPU driver, so if you have an add in card (not on the MOBO) then it needs an updated driver from the manufacturer.

There are only 2 reference companies that make GPU add in cards, one is NVIDIA and one is ATI and they have their own drivers.

Hope this makes more sense.

You could also try running windows update and look under the 'additional hardware' there should be a GPU driver listed if the one you have is out of date

frostini

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Beginner
Jelly Bean wanted to know the make and model of the PC eg
Toshiba M300 or Dell *** (with this info we can find out whats in the machine)

It will only be the GPU driver, so if you have an add in card (not on the MOBO) then it needs an updated driver from the manufacturer.

There are only 2 reference companies that make GPU add in cards, one is NVIDIA and one is ATI and they have their own drivers.

Hope this makes more sense.

You could also try running windows update and look under the 'additional hardware' there should be a GPU driver listed if the one you have is out of date
thanks that sound easy i will give it a try thanks.