• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

LAN utility problem BT to blame????

sid7heaven

FPCH New Member
hi i am running a belkin g+ mimo wireless router on my telewest broadband happily then i take my laptop to new office to help set up an internet connection with BT hub whilst we waited for new pcs .... ever since then no connection or iot connects for a minute before intel says another utility is in control, my toshiba diagnostic finds my belkin but something is blocking my connection please help i have a £600 typewriter just wasting away!!! how do i find this other utility how do i remove it? please help

Uninstall all the bt stuff and you should be good to go. I see this crap with the bt home hub software all the time. Still its a quick 45 quid repair for me <grin>.

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
two networks are not a good idea,unless they are hard coded (so to speak)in to your computer
when you are at home and the office what do you use to connect to the internet is it woreless or ehternet or both
regards
danzil