• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Laptop Monitor Problem

adrenalinxx

FPCH New Member
This is on behalf of a friend so I apologise for the lack of specification on the computer itself

Basically the problem is the screen is split into four, the whole desktop is visible but then there is a blank space and then a repeat of the desktop again, at the bottom there is also a blank area and a repeat of the top of the desktop.

It is like that for all situations, even when the laptop is loading and shutting down.

The laptop is running Vista and I've checked to see if dual screen feature has been enabled and it isn't. I've never come across a problem like this so any suggestions would be very helpful.