• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Laptop Performance Slows Rapidly! Really stuck :s

leigh

FPCH New Member
I have an (acer) (XP sp 2) Laptop which, loads correctly (scaning the hard drive due to it being shut down manually and getting to the login screen fine). Once I log in it begins to start normally but slowing with every passing second. The mouse end up moving jerkly until it moves once a sceond... minute e.t.c until it stops (or at least seems to). I have tried loading up task manager and ending all processes I think may be slowing it... no joy. I cannot get onto anything BUT the setup when loading the computer, by pressing F2. I does get hot but it always has. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated... I really dont want to loose sentimental information on my hard drive, and if needs be could possibly stretch to another laptop.

Thanks for reading... hope someone can help!