• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Laptop screen

mario

FPCH Member
I have a laptop and a stripe about an inch thick has appeared in the center of the screen of many thin blue lines horizontally ( like a ruler thick and length) It doesnt not affect performance but if I watch a video its abit annoying. Wondering if I could fix it or do I replace it of just live with it

Thanks

Mario

W

Wolfeymole

Unfortunately that's the downside to TFT (Thin Film Transistor) screens as they are easily susceptible to damage, pixels dying etc.

Getting a replacement would probably cost more now than the laptops worth even if you could.

Condolences mate.

P.S. You could get an external monitor if your card supports it and view via that.