• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

laptop with an attitude

FPCH Member
Nov 25, 2008
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi everybody hope you all had a good time over the festive
My toshiba lapyop is ok but I cannot kick the onboard wireless thingy into life every thing is cushty in the device manager with no q marks or triangles despite my best efforts I cannot resolve this even with the excellent help on here so I have decided to go for a wireless plug in However I am a complete ejit when it comes to this stuff do I go for a card or dongle and how can I get wireless speakers into the mix I have promised her indoors I would sort this out after new year, its a satelite pro sp6000 with a little pair of swively doors is that where one would shove in a card hope you can help again

FPCH Long Term Member
Oct 9, 2008
Hi Devlin,

I just noticed this and really do not know why there has been no reply. It must have fallen between the cracks but will show again now.

Sorry about that!

FPCH Member
Oct 5, 2008
West Midlands
PC Experience
Hello Devlin,

It will probably be best to use a Wireless PC card as then it leaves your USB slots free for other devices :)

I am not the person to ask about Wireless PC Cards although I can assure you someone who is the person to ask, should check out this thread and adivse you on which one soon.

As for these speakers, when you say "wireless" do you mean bluetooth?
May 27, 2008
Stockport near Manchester
PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
I would personally use a dongle as it can be used on any machine if need be - as for the speakers as Polo has said bluetooth are better as 'wireless' speakers are normally very expensive.
Most laptops now come with 4-8 USB slots so taking up one with a dongle still leaves plenty -
Check that there isnt a button on the laptop somewhere for the wireless to be enabled.
its also sometimes done via the FN (function) key and one of the F buttons :)