• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

limited or no connectivity

stub20000

FPCH New Member
hi all, hopefully somebody can help me with this, i had this problem months ago but have since changed isp and reinstalled windows due to hdd dying on me which is why im posting here, the fix was on the hdd (i know stupid not to make a backup, never make that mistake again!!!)

anyways i have adsl with ace-internet and trying to connect to xbox live, when i connect the ethernet to my nic i get limited or no connectivity, NONE of the winsock fixes work, the only thing that worked last time was a static ip address, only problem is i dont remember what it was, ive tried my isp's ip range, ive tried 192.168.0.1 (im 70-80% sure that it begins with 192)

can anybody help??

thanks all!

PriceChild

FPCH Member
Ok, so you've got:

internet -------adsl usb modem-----> computer -----ethernet----->xbox

What OS are you using?

If you are on XP, then right click your network connection in Network settings, click the advanced tab, and enable sharing of this connection. In the dropdown box ensure that your appropriate ethernet card or bridge is selected.

If you are using:

internet ------->adsl modem-----ethernet----->xbox

Then i would try the following addresses:

192.168.0.10 & 192.168.1.10

subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

Gateway of 192.168.0.1 or as a long shot 1.9.168.1.1

If you still can't get it going, feel free to ask for more help here or from your isp.

I've been on xbox LIVE since the test drive so i've got a bit of experience :)