• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

loading xp on to sata setup

lonewolf002000

FPCH New Member
hi ive been trying for ages to put windows on my new setup but having trouble big time its not like the ides which was a piece of cake can somebody help me on how and instructions to do it thanx

W

Wolfeymole

From one Wolf to another Welcome to Free PC Help

Did you install the sata driver/s when asked in the XP setup, I think it's press F3?

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
The key to press when prompted is F6, but you'll need a floppy drive to install the driver. The driver can be found at the hard drive's manufacturer site.

hi, when you are loading windows it will/should say "press F6 to load raid or sata drivers. PRESS F6 a few times. it will then load some of the windows driver's. after abit it should say press S to load your drivers. you need to get the drivers form the mother board makers. (eg from the dell website) and put them on to a floppy disk. when you have pressed S it should start to load the drivers for your sata hard drive. then it will go back to the same screen as before just PRESS ENTER to load windows. then you should get a blue screeen that say's press
PRESS - ENTER TO LOAD WINDOWS
PRESS - R TO REPARIR
PRESS - F3 TO EXIT.
PRESS ENTER.

It should now start to load windows if not it will say hard drive not found. If it says that then you have the rong sata drivers, just try another driver for the website.....