• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

MacBook

Jamey

FPCH Member
I'm saving up to buy a MacBook for university next year!

Even though it will cost me the best part of £800, I still think it's worth it in comparison to other laptops. Plus, I plan on doing a computer science degree, it might just come in useful! :p Fortunately, my girlfriend has agreed to go halves with me.

Does anybody else use any of the sexy Macs? Or are you planning on buying one?

Cooper

FPCH Member
i keep saying ill save for a mac book pro .. lol the sleekness i love .. but unfortunatly im not so good at saving on the other hand .. im currently saving for my nice volkswagen beach buggy :D 1874 classic :D .. GROWL !

Jamey

FPCH Member
The jealousy is oozing from my pores. I went down to London and visited Brunel university; I talked to the head of computing and mentioned that I wanted to buy one, he wholeheartedly recommended it to me! :D

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
Hello - I'm new to this site and this is my first posting. Hope it's in line. I use both Macs and Windows machines.

Here in the USA, some educational institutions prefer Mac or PC. So I'd check with the university you're planning to attend before purchasing a computer.

On the MacBook vs MacBook Pro, there's quite a price difference. You get a bigger screen and faster processor, but I don't see the value in the 'Pro' unless there's something in that model that you NEED.

W

Wolfeymole

Hey Kelly

Welcome mate, thank you for joining, this is the place where you can get your teeth into fluff free posts.