• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Main board test

D

dorsil

Hello, does exits any sw that detects any problems or to see the mainboard status, and an overall pc status, or every specifications on the motherboard? a driver search sw had detected me a bios upgrade, contacted the mb supplier , had sent me the upgrade, but my pc tech was doubtful about it and told me that if it’s not compatible, it may cause mb failure, so he told me that he needs to check for the mb serial exact number, i’m trying to search about it and that why I need to know this,

Thanks

D

dorsil

I have pc wizard and seems useful too, but does anyone from you mentioned does specify the missing one?

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
There is only way of knowing if the motherboard is defective:

Swap out all parts other than the motherboard.

It's cruel, but true.

D

dorsil

There is only way of knowing if the motherboard is defective:

Swap out all parts other than the motherboard.

It's cruel, but true.
what you mean?

all this is because I had installed a better graphic card and from that time I can’t switch it on as usual butt pressing the main power and the tower together at one time, when I change my graphic card to the old one it will work as before, switch on and off normally, my pc tech thinks that the graphic card is too strong for my 10yrs old monitor, but it is in perfect condition had contacted my mb agent and sent me the bios upgrade, my pc tech was not happy about this because he told me that if I install wrong bios update I have to buy another pc,that why I needed to discover my mb cpecs,so he try to find me a good bios update,i'm a bit confused knowing exactly the main fault,

PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
Operating System
what you mean?

all this is because I had installed a better graphic card and from that time I can’t switch it on as usual butt pressing the main power and the tower together at one time, when I change my graphic card to the old one it will work as before, switch on and off normally, my pc tech thinks that the graphic card is too strong for my 10yrs old monitor, but it is in perfect condition had contacted my mb agent and sent me the bios upgrade, my pc tech was not happy about this because he told me that if I install wrong bios update I have to buy another pc,that why I needed to discover my mb cpecs,so he try to find me a good bios update,i'm a bit confused knowing exactly the main fault,
Who fitted the Graphics card? - the only way that a PC will not turn off at the PC push button is if the connectors from the case to the mobo are in the wrong pins on the mobo - or the PSU is now a closed circuit - what Graphics card is now in it and what wattage PSU in in there?
If you put the wrong BIOS on - NORMALLY there is a way to revert to the old BIOS via the disk that came with the MOBO - I am guessing that the MOBO is not 10 years old or any GPU that you put in it will be very old

D

dorsil

graphic card is the ati radeon sapphire hd2600pro

can i send you other info ,i have pc wizard maybe you tell me where to go and send a screen shot

if i remove my new card and insert the one i have i start it normaly

Dalo Harkin

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
Operating System
Dorsil -
please can you tell me your full system spec including
MOBO
PSU
RAM
OS and anything else you can think of - the 2400,2600 and 2900 are notorious for being power hungry - your PSU may not be up to it