• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

margins on word (office XP)

Please Help!!!

I have been using word and the top margin has just disappeared, the cursor is at the very top of the page but when it prints the text is in the right place with MARGIN!

I am in print view and have tried changing the size of the margin but it only moves the text when it prints.

The white bar on the left hand side has only a few mm of blue at the top and bottom that cant be moved.

Does anyone know how to fix this? its driving me mad!

i will be grateful of any help

W

Wolfeymole

Hello Norfolk

Welcome to Free PC Help

I'm not fully up on Office XP but have you considered looking here for a solution?

Using Office XP

In the meantime I'll research this.

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
Since you didn't say which version of Office you're running then I'll post these 2 links to help you find NORMAL.DOT

Discusses how the Normal.dot global template is found by Office Word 2003
Description of the template path and the Normal.dot template in Word 2002

You can also just do a search from the top of your C: drive and search for NORMAL.DOT

Once you find NORMAL.DOT just delete that file and restart Word and see if that corrects your problem. If not then I have another fix that should correct it, but I think deleting NORMAL.DOT may fix it.