• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

May Update Problems

Hoggie

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
I have tried to update my PC (Windows 10 Pro 64bit) with the latest may update kb4103721 but I'm getting Error code: (0x80073712) When I troubleshoot it says I have pending updates. How do I remove the corrupt files?

I have tried the following:-

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealthsfc /scannow

Deleted content in Software Distribution Download file

Still getting the Error code: (0x80073712) What are your suggestions?

Thanks

Hoggie.

AWS

PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
I found the info below in this thread at Microsoft's forums.

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering Troubleshooting in the search box, tapping or clicking Settings, and then tapping or clicking Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, tap or click Fix problems with Windows Update.
There are a couple other steps in that thread, some of which it looks like you tried, that you could try.

Here is an article with fixes at Microsoft's support site.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Top Bottom