• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

MBAM vs. Rogue Killer.........interchangeable...??

Skyclad

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hello to my friends at freepchelp!
Just a quick question this morning.. My MalwareBytes ran out awhile back, but I still had Rogue Killer on my desktop from a previous "cleaning" via this site.. I was wondering if Rogue Killer could be used in place of MBAM...?? I keep getting these short "trial period" setUps on MBAM and am getting tired of this, over and over.. Please advise if Rogue Killer will work as well or hopefully even better.....:)
Thanks!

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi Skyclad,

I keep getting these short "trial period" setUps on MBAM and am getting tired of this, over and over..
It's only a 14 day trial for MalwareBytes.
After this time it switches to the 'free version' which is a manual version as opposed to an automatic program.
Rogue Killer is just as good as MalwareBytes ( in my opinion ) ..... But the free version is strictly manual scanning without any updates.
To keep using Rogue Killer you will have to download a fresh version each time you scan with it.
The 'Premium version' works like MalwareBytes..... auto updates and auto scanning.
So not really much to choose between the 2 in the way that the free and premium versions work.

Top Bottom