• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Microsoft.Net Framework

jamie85p

FPCH Member
Hi,

I have Windows XP and have been trying for days to download any version of microsoft framework to run a video streaming application. I have not been able to and don't have a clue why. An error occurs each time on installation. I have searched the windows site to no avail. I'm no computer whizz and don't know where to go now.

Does anyone have any clue why I cannot download netframework on XP? Is it a common fault? I manage to download the netframework but once i proceed to installation there is always an error.

Could anyone please, please help??

thanks.

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
Hello,

so have you visited this link and downloaded and saved the file to your computer?

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)

Have you cleaned up your temp files and scanned your computer to make sure you don't have any malware preventing it?

Download both of these and update them and run a scan on your system.

Scans for Malware
SUPERAntiSpyware.com Home Page

Scans for Malware
Malwarebytes Home Page

Cleans Temp Files
ATF Cleaner 3.0.0.2

Then run a CHKDSK /F on your hard drive - requires a reboot.

Try those things and let us know if it works or if you need further instructions.

jamie85p

FPCH Member
Thanks,

I tired this and cleaned out the computer but still get an error message when installing netframework.

Now i attempt to install and the setup wizard offers two options; repair or uninstall netframework. After attempting to repair it then asks for the Netframework disc.

Does anyone know any way I can download any NETframework?

thanks.

W

Wolfeymole

Did you go to the first link offered by Advanced Setup at Microsoft Jamie?

You may need to uninstall it first and then re-install via that link.

jamie85p

FPCH Member
Thanks for all your help. Was very kind of you.

Unfortunately after following these steps I still could not download NETframework in any form. Which is wierd as my computer works perfectly with everything else.

I'm currently trying to download the full redistributable package, rather than the bootstrapper, so fingers crossed that helps.

thanks again.